secure our land, air and maritime borders. This requires the following:
• Acquisition of Land, Air, Maritime, and Joint Agency systems that enhance the Defence of PNG;
• The Primary Focus of training must be geared toward the Defence of PNG;
• The PNGDF Structure and Preparedness must be primarily geared toward the
• Defence of PNG;
• The PNGDF must seek to develop a capability edge over the limitations of size, resource and space; and
• The PNGDF must develop Forward Operational Bases (FOB) to provide staging points for the Defence of PNG.
The PNGDO must ensure that its joint land, air and maritime systems are coordinated and synchronised to provide effective detection, response and protection capability in the Defence of Papua New Guinea. It must also ensure that its systems are compatible with and linked into the NSP design for a ‘whole-of-nation’ approach to National Security.