ABOUT JOINT SERVICES COLLEGE:
The Joint Services College (JSC) is the PNGDF’s premier officer cadet training institution. It is based in Igam Barracks, Lae, and contains instructor support and facilities for training officer cadets. It is currently responsible for training and preparing officer cadets for careers in the PNGDF, Royal PNG Constabulary (RPNGC) and Correctional Services (CS). It develops and promotes physical fitness, discipline, leadership, ethics, attitude, management and planning skills within its officer cadet trainees.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Train PNGDF, RPNGC and CS officer cadets.
• Develop and maintain physical fitness and discipline standards within officer cadet trainees.
• Develop leadership, ethics and attitude standards within officer cadet trainees.
• Develop management and planning skills within officer cadet trainees.
• Prepare officer cadet trainees for careers in the PNGDF, RPNGC and CS.