ABOUT THE OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF STAFF:
The Office of the Chief of Staff is responsible for managing and coordinating the functions of the PNGDF on behalf of the Commander. The Directorates that come under the office of the Chief of Staff deal with strategic management issues that enable the Chief of Staff to manage and coordinate the functions of the PNGDF. It is the Chief of Staff who directs, manages, and coordinates the PNGDF in accordance with the Commanders priorities and intent.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct, manage, and coordinate the PNGDF on behalf of the Commander.
- Ensure that Commander’s priorities and intent are promulgated and achieved throughout the PNGDF.
- Provide advice to the Commander on the management and coordination of PNGDF functions.
- Control and coordinate PNGDF activities.
- Ensure liaison, coordination and cooperation between the PNGDF and the Department of Defence.